Cycling Training – FAQ
Why go on a guided holiday?
- Get the best from your cycling experience in the French Alps with our guide’s intimate knowledge of the region
- Riding with someone that has designed and ridden the routes many times before and understands how to get the best out of the challenging climbs means you perform to your optimum and achieve your goals
- No pre-planning or juggling with maps and stopping to ask the way; Just turn-up and do what you enjoy most whilst having the time to appreciate the stunning surrounds of the French Alps
- Enjoy the company of other enthusiasts, learn from their experiences and swap stories around the table in the evening whilst relaxing with a glass of wine
What is included?
- Private return transfers between Geneva Airport and Samoëns for you and your bike
- Accommodation in a twin room on a half-board basis at the luxurious Chalet APASSION
- Dedicated cycle guide, with race experience and plenty of hours in the saddle on each day of your stay
- Small groups of like-minded enthusiasts, with a maximum group size of 10
- Support vehicle on all ‘col’ days giving you access to spare clothes, first aid kit, water bottles, nutritional supplies . . . . . . . and ultimately a spare seat if you need it!
What do I need to bring?
- Your bike in good mechanical working order – ideally serviced just prior to the trip *
- Yourself, also in good mechanical working order! Our guide will be pushing you to achieve your maximum potential, so expect to exert yourself
- A helmet – our guide won’t let you ride without one! *
- Cycle clothing for both warm and cold conditions – you are in the mountains after-all
- A few essential tools and spares specifically including spare inner tubes and a puncture repair kit
- A ‘day-sack’ to be stored in the support vehicle with your kit for the day
- High factor sun-cream and / or sun block
* NOTE: In the event that you need to hire equipment locally then we are able to recommend an excellent shop in Samoëns that rents high quality road bikes and equipment. Please let us know before you travel if you wish to hire a bike and / or equipment locally.
What is excluded?
- Flights to/from from Geneva Airport
- Travel insurance (ensure your policy adequately covers both you and your bike for overseas use)
- Lunch and evening meal on 1 day (‘rest day’) during your stay
- Single person room occupancy. This option maybe available – just ask when making your enquiry
- Massages. These can, however, be organised in advance of your stay if you make your requirements known as part of the booking process. Requests made in-resort will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed
Making an enquiry
You can contact us either via
- e-mail at email@example.com or,
- via phone (chalet) +33 4 50 18 68 33 / (UK mobile) + 44 7884 475 414, or
- use the on-line enquiry function on our website
If you want to make a booking then we’ll forward you a copy of our booking form for you to complete and return. We require a 25% a deposit for your stay with the balance payable 10 weeks before your arrival